Google

Someone in Michigan love me

I got a great surprise in my mailbox! Mary Card's Crochet Book Number 1. I hadn't heard of this book before, but it is fascinating. I not only read through the book, I looked online for more information.

Mary Card was an Australian lace designer of the early 20th century. The crochet is done on, in, and around linen, to create more than just insertions and edgings, but a melding of cloth and lace that flows beautifully and looks amazing. With Australian crochet terms and some new (to me!) techniques, this will be a new challenge that I am eager to undertake!

Here are some links that you might find as interesting as I did:

Thank you, F.G.!*

*An F. G. is a Fairy Godmother from Crochetville who has performed a Random Act of Kindness (RAOK).

Labels: , ,

posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 @ 4:51 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home